(PHOTO: Athletics Team 2018)
- Structure - As well as our annual athletics sports, Whanganui High School students compete and train through the school. We have a year-round programme with emphasis on athletics in summer and cross country and conditioning during winter.
- Competitions - Club nights are every Tuesday evening Terms 1 & 4, 6.30pm at Cooks Gardens. Club nights will start for the school team Tuesday 30 January.
- School athletics this year (whole school, year 9-13) will be held at Cooks Gardens on Thursday 22 February.
- Whanganui Secondary Schools competition is on Wednesday 14 March.
North Island championships are in Whanganui on 8-9 April and the N.Z.S.S champs are in Dunedin on 30 November – 2 December 2018.
- Training Days: for the season starts first week of school and will be held every Monday and Thursday from 3.15pm at school and Saturday mornings 9.30am at Cooks Gardens or other venues. There is an entry level and performance group to suit age and experience.
- Cost: $20 per student, plus membership to Athletics Wanganui if needed.
- Contact: Mrs L Murphy for details or behind the gym on training days @ 3.15.
- Teacher-in-charge: Mrs L Murphy (email@example.com)
Coach: Greg Fromont